Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
Does anyone own, or have owned a Eheim Jager 50W Trutemp heater?
There is a light on the front to indicate that it's on, but it will turn off randomly, I just looked back and it's on again. Is it suppose to always stay on? Or is it like an oven? Turns off when it's at the selected temperature? It doesn't state anything on the box or the instructions. All it says is "Red light = heater in operation."

·
Registered
736 Posts
The light turns off once the temp is what it's set for.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ugh! I have 2 thermometers, that came with the tank. One read 78F and one read 55F, and I felt one was broken, but didn't figure out till now. The one that stated 78F is actually correct, which has been reading that since I filled the tank up with water the first time.

Can someone please tell me I bought a heater for a reason, and didn't just spend $40 on a bloody heater!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ugh! I have 2 thermometers, that came with the tank. One read 78F and one read 55F, and I felt one was broken, but didn't figure out till now. The one that stated 78F is actually correct, which has been reading that since I filled the tank up with water the first time.

Can someone please tell me I bought a heater for a reason, and didn't just spend $40 on a bloody heater!
Wow that's one miscalibrated thermometer!

But yeah, bettas love heat and less fluctuation is less stressful. Poseidon might get more active.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts