Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so some people say betta fish and guppies can go together i have to BEAUTIFUL GUPPIES and i put my betta in the tank first 2 days ok but today he was chasing them and i look at them tonight and orange guppie has a a little chunk missing and yellow gummp has a litte thread left but the base is left will my guppies be ok? i removed my betta now to his old tank will there fins grow back

·
Registered
535 Posts
If it is only fin damage then the guppies should be fine as long as you maintain good water conditions.
Some bettas can handle guppies and others cannot. The finnage on guppies can sometimes remind a betta of another betta. Therefore, a betta with a more aggressive nature would be likely to attack a guppy.

·
Registered
512 Posts
"Revolutionary water and tissue soluble vitamin formula designed for aquatic plants and animals. Vita-Chem provides vitamins in a biologically usable form so your aquarium inhabitants receive their full nutritional benefits for optimum health. Brings out intense natural colors of fish, increases growth, restores natural vitality of fish, helps increase resistance to disease, and more. Vita-Chem is also great for fin regeneration and preventing lateral line disease. It's the most effective concentrated environmental vitamin offered to the aquarium trade. Contains over 30 naturally occurring extracts bonded with amino acids and provides more active Vitamin C than any other fish vitamin. Use directly in the aquarium or add several drops to fortify dry, frozen, or live foods. Use 2 drops per gallon once a week and several drops on food five times a week.

Benefits of Vita-Chem:
  • Reverses and cures lateral line disease
  • Brings out intense natural colors of fish
  • Great for fin regeneration
  • Increases growth
  • Restores natural vitality of fish
  • Restores appetite
  • Helps increase resistance to disease
  • Stimulates natural mating and breeding instincts in aquariums"
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=4998

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
ok so some people say betta fish and guppies can go together i have to BEAUTIFUL GUPPIES and i put my betta in the tank first 2 days ok but today he was chasing them and i look at them tonight and orange guppie has a a little chunk missing and yellow gummp has a litte thread left but the base is left will my guppies be ok? i removed my betta now to his old tank will there fins grow back
How big was your tank?

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
As others have said, keep the water warm and clean to make sure no infections set in.

Vitachem isn't necessary, but you can add that if you like. But remember, the more chemicals you add in the water, the more you screw around the chemistry.

My betta and his 2 guppy friends get 'along' just fine. They're females, and all I have is a pale cobra and this dull yellow. He nips them time to time, only when they annoy him. Yes, bettas do get annoyed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.