Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I got a betta from my pet store. They sold it as a veiltail female and I was wondering if that is indeed what it is. I have gone through many websites trying to figure it out because I know that they could have been mistaken.

It has a beard, Flares at my other male betta from the side, kind of a big belly and short fins. I have looked for a ovipositor but sadly the belly is white and so I cannot tell.

I only have had one other female who I recently lost to ich. She was a lot more easy to sex then my current one. I can post pictures if this helps.

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Can you see this picture? Sorry for the fuzzy picture, my fish didn't want to work with me. Any suggestions for non-fuzzy pictures with a digital camera?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome! Thanks for all the help. I have a heater and a bigger tank for him, it was just hard to video around it all. I guess I'll have to look closer when I'm looking for a female next time. lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know the lids weren't switched because the actual cup he was in said Veiltail female. Life's just funny that way but who knows what happened. I'm sure he'll get past this little identity crisis. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.