Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I FINALLY got my ten gallon tank divided into three, with my three female bettas. They are divided using DIY mesh and binder clip dividers.
I put Twill in the middle, and Lila on the left. They wont stop flaring at eachother!!

Anyway, its been about a day now, since the tank switch. I saw that Twill had white poop, so I removed her immediately. (If needed, I can post a picture?)
I'm worried that she has internal parasites or something.. Is she too stressed? What are you thoughts? Thank you!!

Housing
What size is your tank? 10 gallons divided into 3 parts
What temperature is your tank? About 22 Celsius
Does your tank have a filter? No
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? I took it out for the switch but will be putting it back in soon.
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? Two other female bettas beside her

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Freeze dried Bloodworms
How often do you feed your betta fish? 1-2 worms every morning, skipping once or twice a week

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? About every 3 days
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 25-50
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? API Tap Water Conditioner (that I got from a garage sale...)

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters? No

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? She used to always have slight stress stripes, they went away when she was in the new tank with the other fish but now they are back because she is in a cup.

How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Not that I can notice. Eating regularly/seems happy I think
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Today
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? No
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Not with me
How old is your fish (approximately)? No clue

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Do you only feed them Freeze-dried bloodworms? If so, that's like feeding chocolate to a kid all the time; it's good for at treat every now and then but it's not good for them to eat it all the time. Also, when you feed it, make sure you soak them before you feed them to rehydrate them. Otherwise, you can cause bloating in your fish and constipation issues.

Sounds like she's just stressed. If you've recently changed foods, that can cause the poo to turn white as well. Was it super stringy? Hanging on to her for a while? Or just kind of like normal poop but white?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@lilnaugrim wow really? Okay! I haven't changed foods at all, shes only had bloodworms, and I don't re-hydrate them. How long should I let them soak?

And it just looked like regular poop but white. It hung onto her for a little while, yes.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
It's good that it looked more like regular poop though, that means it's just stress then. It might be the girls next to her, she'll adjust to it though. You can put up more plants near the barrier so it's more difficult for them to see each other all the time, it could help her out :)

And about a minute or so, until they're nice and water logged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts