Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a new betta, but didn’t realize he had a white bump on his side and a white spot on his eye because he was in blue water. I noticed them today when I was checking him out. He seems to be fine other than these white bumps, but I have no idea what they could be. I thought ich at first, but it doesn’t really look like that to me. I added some photos to show what I am talking about as well as one of his other side to show the difference. If anyone could tell me what is going on I would appreciate it.
Housing:
How many gallons is your tank? 5 gallons
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What temperature is your tank? 82 F
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind? None

Food:
What food brand do you use? Hikari betta bio gold
Do you feed flakes or pellets? Pellets
Freeze-dried?Not yet
How often do you feed your Betta? How much?
Once a day attempted a few pellets but ignored
Maintenance:
Before
your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? New betta noticed next day no water change yet. Tank cycled for about 2 weeks.
What percentage of water did you change?None yet
What is the source of your water? Tap
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? Neither yet new fish
What additives do you use other than conditioner? What brand of conditioner?Just Conditioner. Imagitarium betta conditioner

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you. Important: Test your water before the regular water change; not after one.
Don’t have exact numbers only have strips
Ammonia:
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0
pH:7
Hardness (GH):75 ppm
Alkalinity (KH):180 ppm

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? Today
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? Not changed. Had upon purchase. White lump on side and small white spot on eye of same side.
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? Unknown new betta, but behavior isn’t unusual
Is your Betta still eating? Hasn’t eaten yet
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how? No
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? Unknown
How long have you owned your Betta? 2 days
Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased? Yes
Plant Terrestrial plant Organism Aquatic plant Marine biology

Plant Window Natural environment Botany Organism

Window Plant Organism Marine biology Fish

Water Window Organism Fin Fish

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had betta with similar lump on the body, and much bigger than yours, I dont know how to cure but she live up all well and good and healthy.
That gives me some hope. I have been trying to do some research and it seems like every post I see about it has no answers as to what it actually is. Based on what little I have been able to find I think it may be a tumor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts