Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you may know this is my first time with live plants in my tank. Some of the leaves are turning brown and dying, and i'm looking for suggestions on how to remove the dead parts of the plants.

I don't have any tools specifically for aquascaping and such, so what else can safely be used to trim off the dead leaves?

Also, should I remove just the leaves themselves and keep the stems they were attached to, or should I remove the entire stem at the base of the plant?

Lastly, if anyone knows what the hairy-looking stuff is and has suggestions on how to get rid of that also, I'd really appreciate it!

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean pinch it off like down by the sand or just at the top where the leaf stops? Sorry haha I literally have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to live plants

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes thats what i mean.
Okay thank you!! Another question - my sand really needs to be vacuumed. I try to get as much as I can during water changes but it's hard to get certain spots while trying to avoid going near Romeo or accidentally uprooting the plants. Is it OK to remove him from the tank for a short period of time or do you think it would be too stressful for him?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
As I never vacuum my tanks I do not know, There is no need to remove the fish My Bettas love it when I put my hand in the tank it gives them something to flare a and attack...............Once they realize there is no food in my fingers.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ya know for $20 you can get a complete set of stainless aquascaping tools on ebay? Love mine. It seems silly, but they make things so much easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts