Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure where to post this so I figured here would be best. I as wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on what types of tails and colors they have? I'll number them to make it easier lol

#1 was bought as a paradise male. My guess is double tail?

#2 bought as a copper red rosetail dragon

#3 bought as a red dragon halfmoons. I suspect she might be a plakat though

#4 bought as a copper half moon

#5 bought as a copper halfmoon (sister of #4)

#6 bought as an ivory half moon, though i thought maybe cellophane?

#7 only labeled as female betta

#8 same as #7. I'm assuming sisters since they were all in together

#9 bought as a baby boy from petco but I think it's definitely female. Opinions?

#10 bought from Wal-Mart, seems almost wild type to me?

So there's the list, any ideas, opinions etc would be much appreciated. Posting this from my phone so hoping it works out right lol

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Hm yeah, photos aren't popping up.

Did you go to 'Go Advanced' and then hit the paper clip icon? You should pick them one by one from there and that should work. It's a pain on the phone though so that I know

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Ah, now I can see them. Might just have been work blocking them, sorry!

#1. Double Tail, can't see color

#2. Could be Rosetail, can't know if he's got the full 180 degree spread of a Halfmoon or not unless he flares though. RT is just HM with extra branching that makes their tail ruffly. And he is a Red Copper Butterfly (white banding makes him a BF. That may bleed out to red with age though)

#3. HM female, no PK, fins too long. Unless she's white-scaled, she's a Metallic not a Dragonscale. Turquoise Red Metallic.

#4. Black Copper, can't know tail type unless she flares. I assume HM, definitely long fin, not PK. She's not a happy looking girl though.

#5. pic didn't show up

#6. Cellophane DeT (Delta), doesn't meet the 180 degree, mostly because the edges of the fin where it flares out is not straight; she's more like a rounded tail. No such color as Ivory technically speaking.

#7. HMPK bicolor Metallic (Turquoise/yellow). Looks like she was a Monkey previously (white scales on her face only) but that is coloring out to the turquoise blue as usual. Blue almost always takes over white.

#8. HMPK, she's close enough to be called a Mustard Gas but she's also Metallic, you can call her same as 7: Metallic bicolor.

#9. Male cellophane, fins too long and I don't see any evidence of ovaries but hard to tell at that angle. But fin to body ratio is too high for female.

#10. Female PK, could be an Imbellis mix (wild). Sometimes those pop up, could just carry the geno for wild type coloration though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much! I've gotten so many conflicting opinions on my baby cellophane but I'll take it out of the sorority tank just in case. Can I ask why the black copper looks unhappy? I just got the girls on Friday so she has been through some shipping stress.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Black Copper girl looks unhappy because she has clamped fins and pale color. Can we see a pic of the whole tank?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can't focus very well, but is that a color pattern or a wound on her head? Have they been fighting? There is a really good thread on the forum about how to set up a sorority. To be honest, as I read it I went from "Ohh, that looks cool- I want to have a sorority" to "maybe I'm happy with my fraternity of one." But one thing I learned is you want a ton of cover. No such thing as too many plants.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
I second the never too many plants part; stuff that thing full if you want a successful sorority :) But I did see you have some more on the way, that's awesome! PetCo has some really nice silk plants as well, but they aren't so natural looking unfortunately.

It does look like a wound on her head. She likely got stuck in a decoration somewhere, that's more likely. But fighting happens when you don't look. Some of it isn't even about fighting but how they react to each other. Sometimes a look or particular pose of dominance can stress out a subdominant female and stress leads to disease eventually. So, the more you can break up their sight-lines by adding plants, the better success you might have. Sororities can be stressful for both owner and the fish.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow. You guys are pretty much unbelievable. You're all so quick to jump on what you perceive is wrong and never say anything positive. That is NOT a wound on her head. It's the reflection of my phone case on the aquarium glass. You guys have a pretentious attitude that is not welcoming to newcomers. Like I said I have had no fights and things have actually been going better than all the hype on the internet made it out to be. Oh here's a picture I took right before the one that you guys are convinced she is wounded in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm very happy that your fish isn't hurt. I'm sorry if I sounded pretentious or condescending, I'm a newcomer too and certainly not an expert. I genuinely couldn't tell if it was a wound, but I thought maybe that was why you were posting her today and I was trying to be helpful. I'm glad your girls are getting along, all the best to them and you.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
We are only trying to help.
Text does not relate well to actual words, so what might be perceived as pretentious, might not have been written with the same intention.

Not knowing what your phone case looked like, I would have still called it a wound. I only comment on what I can see. I didn't say they were fighting, only that if it was a wound, it likely came from décor. That is all. And I don't know about you but I did point out positive things in my post there about getting more décor. I personally work a lot with diseases and wounds and so my biggest concern was just that the fish was treated if it was injured, that is all. I meant no disrespect to you as a fish keeper, just told you what I saw. I don't believe that is need for the rudeness you've shown us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts