Betta Fish Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,592 Posts
Ok, I see the one at the rear now, it looks like it may be a cyst (or a tumor but leaning cyst).
Keep an eye on it to see if it grows. I'll need a little more detail on the one up front.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Ok, I see the one at the rear now, it looks like it may be a cyst (or a tumor but leaning cyst).
Keep an eye on it to see if it grows. I'll need a little more detail on the one up front.
The arrow up front was just for a string of white looking poo hanging from him.
But at the back it doesn't seem like a cyst, it's splotchy and spread around.
20200916_105553_resize_12.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,592 Posts
Ok, this one is odd to me. May seem like a silly question, but do you have dry ferts or anything that can precipitate in the tank?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Ok, this one is odd to me. May seem like a silly question, but do you have dry ferts or anything that can precipitate in the tank?
There's root tabs in the sand if that's what you mean but he first got this in the hospital tank and there's nothing in there.
I don't know why he's having these problems with his fins. I've never gone over a week for water changes his whole life, it's so frustrating. Is there a broad spectrum medication I should be giving him that would be helpful?

·
Super Moderator
2,592 Posts
Fungus would look more cottony but I cannot discount it. Since he is in a hospital tank, I'd like to see how if it progresses before starting him on a fungus cure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Fungus would look more cottony but I cannot discount it. Since he is in a hospital tank, I'd like to see how if it progresses before starting him on a fungus cure.
He's out of the hospital tank but already had this before I took him out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Now the white stuff is pretty much gone from his back side and came up on his face and pelvic fins. It looks really strange if you zoom in on the white areas, I've never seen that before.
Also, in the last pic is that 'hole in the head' or is it normal?
20200920_235131_resize_95.jpg
20200920_235105_resize_63.jpg
20200920_235237_resize_72.jpg

20200920_235014_resize_36.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,592 Posts
This is a little odd to me too, let me do some digging.
Not sure about the hole. It looks to be where the sensory hole aka nostril should be.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts