Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
8488767D-7103-4D26-9B7B-7544E7905E65_1580541397620.jpg Hey Guys! This is my first post here and i need some help. I am a rookie to Bettas. I got my first Betta, by accident, in November and i fell in love straight away. Now i have five. I keep them in our office at work as i spend most of my time here.
So last night my very first Betta (his name is Tindu) jumped out of his tank 馃槺 this is the first time it happened and im not sure how long he was out. Somewhere between 1-3 hours. I was already out from work but my colleagues found him dry on the desk (luckily he didnt fall from too high, maybe around 20cm). I think he got a bit stuck to the table. Today morning i saw he was kinda losing his skin, his tail doesnt seem to move much and it changed in color. His pelvic fins are not moving 馃槴 however both of his pectoral fins are fine. His eyes are fine too. When he moves too much he starts breathing heavily. Otherwise i try to stay away, not to disturb him, so he can just rest. And removed a but of water so it was easier for him to climb up and take a breath. But its heartbreaking to watch him being helpless 馃槥
Any advice is much appreciated.
Thank you!

Attachments

Super Moderator
Would you please fill out the form found here https://www.bettafish.com/99-betta-fish-diseases-emergencies/612810-please-read-before-posting-fill-out-form-so-we-can-best-help-your-betta.html , it will help us give you the best possible advice to help your betta.

For now, until we get the info and can offer better advice to help him heal, what you can do is add Seachem Stressguard, and Indian Almond Leaves to his tank. Please know that you need to dose the Stressguard correctly or you may do more harm then good. The dose for it is 5 to 10 drops per gallon of water, so there is some wiggle room.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Would you please fill out the form found here https://www.bettafish.com/99-betta-fish-diseases-emergencies/612810-please-read-before-posting-fill-out-form-so-we-can-best-help-your-betta.html , it will help us give you the best possible advice to help your betta.

For now, until we get the info and can offer better advice to help him heal, what you can do is add Seachem Stressguard, and Indian Almond Leaves to his tank. Please know that you need to dose the Stressguard correctly or you may do more harm then good. The dose for it is 5 to 10 drops per gallon of water, so there is some wiggle room.
Dear Rainbo,

Thank you for your kind reply. Actually while i was writing that post my Tindu took his last breath and crossed the Rainbow bridge 馃槶
I鈥檝e actually never thought that at 34 i鈥檇 be so heartbroken over a fish, but it hit me hard. He was my joy and i hope he spent some good, although short, life with me.

Thank you!
AG

Super Moderator
You're welcome! I'm just sorry that you lost him. They have such personalities and manage to swim into our heart.

Registered
So sorry to hear he didn't make it. I had my own jumper last year who I still miss seeing his spunky self in the tank. I highly recommend putting netting or some barrier in all tanks with any sort of gap/holes for Bettas (in particular) to sneak through, they can, and when you least it expect it they... do. :(

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
So sorry to hear he didn't make it. I had my own jumper last year who I still miss seeing his spunky self in the tank. I highly recommend putting netting or some barrier in all tanks with any sort of gap/holes for Bettas (in particular) to sneak through, they can, and when you least it expect it they... do. :(
Thank you for your reply and advice! I still have three more Bettas and i鈥檓 taking all precautions now. Still learning hehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts