Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure how many people on here remember Hercules....

Here is his FIRST thread ever... from the day I got him

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=75812

He was the reason I truly joined this site... I got him on July 22, 2011 and this is what he looked like

Hercules after 4 days...

Hercules on August 15th 2011

Hercules on August 25th 2011

Hercules in December of 2011

Hercules as of today January 15 2011

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ooh, my gosh, he's gorgeous <3 Love his coloration. And you really did an amazing job perking him up - it's hard to believe that scraggly little dude in the first few pics is that same handsome boy in the last few! ;w;

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wow what an amazing transformation! He looks amazing now compared to back then! Whatever you are doing for him keep it up! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both :)
He STILL has new fin growth, he has been weaned off of AQ salt for the 100th time (he had a bout of tail biting for a while) and I re-located his tank to a more peaceful side of the room... he is one of the two bettas who are perm. 1 gallon tank dwellers, anything bigger and he starts tail bitting and acting really lethargic, I've given up since this seems to work for him (I've upgraded everyone else to 3 gallons min.)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Wow he's changed a lot! He is looking awesome and I love his read! His first few pictures look like a betta I have been contemplating about saving from Wal-Mart...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow he's changed a lot! He is looking awesome and I love his read! His first few pictures look like a betta I have been contemplating about saving from Wal-Mart...
So do I <3 I have always loved red bettas... but he is just... perfect... lol
You should so do it, its amazing to watch them go from then.... to now... and how much their personalities and their confidence grows.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I know! Red looks so good on him, and I normally stay away from them. I am thinking about it, but if I do I just hope he can wait till I get my pay check.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck! to both you an him!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fantastic job, LB!

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's amazing! Great job with him. I'm sure he's as happy as can be. His name is also very fitting. :)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all!!!! :)
And I agree Audjree... he's def. lived up to the name!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you :) I'll have updates for my other two DRASTIC changes (finless bettas) posted up in a bit
Def. worth it, it can be tough, but watching them go from almost nothing and weak, to these gorgeous guys with all this personality.. so worth it

·
Registered
376 Posts
As scrawny as he looked in the first pic, I'm jealous. I always wanted to rescue bettas, but my parents know a sick fish when they see them and they say "NO!" so congrats on the wonderful fish keeping

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you :)
My BF was that way at first, I ended up rescuing Hercules while with his mom... and it wasn't till he saw Hercules transformation that he gave in... now everytime he sees a betta with a small amount of fins he automatically gives in ;-)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thank you :)
My BF was that way at first, I ended up rescuing Hercules while with his mom... and it wasn't till he saw Hercules transformation that he gave in... now everytime he sees a betta with a small amount of fins he automatically gives in ;-)
Awwwww! I always try to rescue animals. I've nursed back to health frogs, snakes, toads (I remember I helped a toad with a broken leg and tried to splint it but it peed on me...), and birds. I hand-fed a Grey Slated Junco with a broken leg in the winter....♥
I would LOVE to rescue budgies, though. I'm like a budgie guru (lol) and every time I see a sick bird at a pet store, I freak out and tell my mom what remedies it needs, hehe. My mom would let me buy 50, but there's no room in my room! My cats have already had swipes at one of my current budgies, and there would be loud budgie calls going around from separating Angel and Sky from the rest. Anyway, I'll shut up now.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts