Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This here is Michael:

I'm not sure about his tail type or colours. He was labelled as a red dragon half-moon, and while half-moon might be right (I honestly don't know) from what I've seen he isn't a dragon. He does have iridescent scales, though. I think his tail indicates that he's a butterfly?

And Percy:

He's no longer in this tank, he's since been shifted since he's not entirely well and I think the neons were stressing him out.

And, finally, Smaug:

Didn't really have a good side-on picture of him, but this pic is kind of adorable. :3 I'm not sure about his colours, either. His body is something of a metallic pink, and his tail is a dark red with silver-ish iridescent highlights.

But yes, that's the trio! Apologies for the sheer size of the images, didn't think to make them smaller before uploading.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I wish i was better with colors to help you out but your boys re gorgeous
Also i love your profile pic

·
Registered
112 Posts
Look, another Michael! Haha. You're right in saying the first boy isn't a dragon, and he's not necessarily a butterfly either. Butterfly is usually only the correct term to use when the ratio between the two colors on the tail is equal and even. Here it looks like he has butterfly accents but isn't a true butterfly. As for the color, I'd say either salamander maybe? I'm not sure if he'd actually be a true salamander though if he's not a true butterfly and because his ventrals are a different color. I think multicolor is the best term to describe him. And he looks like either a half moon or super delta.

And your crowntail is probably another multicolor. I've noticed they sell a lot of "mutts" at pet stores which are still really pretty but don't really have special "breeder" colors. Your babies are all very pretty! Also I love the color of your veiltail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts