Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Argh - too bad you're in Canada. Great for all the Canadian folk though.

The baby axolotls are adorable!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Um, excuse me Serena. I noticed that on many of your photos of the fish for sale you state "I do not own this photo. It's just for reference purposes. This is not a picture of the exact fish you are getting." I would have been more interested in buying from you (and actually did contact you many months ago but changed my mind) but having seen that I don't think I'd feel confident buying from you. Why don't you just post pictures of the actual fish like other sellers?

Like you show this picture for one, but when you look at the real fish its a bit misleading.
[/URL]
(had to downsize it as it was too large)

Also could you try to get more flare pictures of the ones you do have? It's hard to count rays or see that nice full spread to be assured a fish is a halfmoon and not just a delta/super delta. Like with these ones you have marked as "quality Halfmoons" (also some of their fins look a bit rough, are they tail biting?)

(very pretty boy, looks like a rosetail? hard to tell for sure without a flare picture)

(this boy is a bit stressed out, might have been better to wait till he was calm and coloured up for the picture)

I see you also sell a "betta starter kit" namely this one,

But you do not include water conditioner or heater, and the bowl is a bit small to be a permanent home. Also most people agree that pellets are better than flakes as its hard to control the amount fed and they easily dirty the water. I would think it would be better to offer pellet (which I think the last time I looked you sold some?) instead. The bottle of IAL extract is a nice touch though, but wont really protect against chemicals in the water like conditioner would.

·
Registered
253 Posts
They look nothing like a Thai land Betta fosh I went to Thailand before and even street shop betta look better than your are you just buying petsmart Betta or are you buying from a smaller breeder betta for lower price and sell them for a higher price since there the betta look like petco or petsmart betta or even worst not trying to be mean I just don't like you label as Thailand import betta when they look nothing like one

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use only some photos for reference because it's not easy taking pictures of 100's of fish. For the few that have reference pictures, it's only the first photo and the rest are mine of the actual fish. There is nothing misleading when I'm still providing pictures of the fish. If you look at my website, all but a few photos are mine. The ones that are not mine clearly state that. And no I do not buy pet store bettas. I import high quality fish and some arrive to me with some damaged fins and therefore they are priced lower. Also,for the starter kit, I don't know where you're seeing that on my website as I have stopped selling those a long time ago, plus the little jar to the left is conditioner. And they are all Thailand imported. Just by you looking at some with damaged fins, you can't say that they are not Thailand imports when you haven't seen all my fish.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
It's not just the fin damage, it's the form and colour that are a bit... lack luster? Maybe it's just the photos but they don't really look like they were imported - not saying that they aren't. Just I've seen better form and colour in a small chain pet store. Again, might be the pictures. Have you thought about using a small square glass photo tank instead? Good pictures are the best way to sell your stock even with fin damage. I've seen some lovely bettas on ebay before that have shredded their tails, but the pictures were good and the fish still attracted views.

I apologize if you feel I attacked you a bit, may have been a bit too aggressive. Found the bowl thing on facebook, so maybe you removed it from your store but forgot to remove it there?

Anyways, I think working on your pictures may help. I know you have lots of fish to deal with but its definitely worth it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
There no way that a Thai land imported betta I went to thailnd before even street shop have better betta than you do and my petco even have better betta than you not being mean just saying the truth can I ask who the one that breed the betta I can call them to ask for a document that state they are legal selling betta they breed and all healthy with none disease that will prove that you are telling the truth

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My fish still attract views as I have people buying from me everyday.
I don't have a professional camera, so it's hard to get perfect pictures of every single moving fish. I know how to sell my stock. Have you seen the good pictures on my website? My customers understand that Bettas are moving and not every picture is going to be perfect. Sometimes, I get asked to get videos and more pictures of certain Bettas for my customers, and I have no problem in doing that for them. At least I take pictures of all my fish, unlike a lot of sellers on AB as many people, including myself have purchased fish just to have the fish look nothing like or similar to the pictures in the AB ads.I appreciate the apology.
Cindy, my bettas are better than Petco as they are healthy and high quality Thailand imports. If you've seen all the fish I have, clearly you can't find most of them at Petco. Yes, some may be similar but there is a huge difference in health and quality. Just because I don't have pictures of all of them flaring, that doesn't mean that the quality isn't there. Are you seriously asking me to send you documents with my personal and business information just to prove to "you" that they are Thailand imports. Where do you think Bettas come from? And to say that they are not healthy and high quality based off of a few quick pictures means nothing. Clearly, these fish are not diseased as you being such a good judge of pictures, you can see that they don't have ich,velvet, or are sickly thin. Do you really think someone would sell sick Bettas when they are trying to run a Betta specialty store?
If you have any further questions, you can contact me personally and I'd be happy to answer your questions. Thank you for your concern.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Petco Bettas. Why does everyone give them so much flack. These are some "Petco quality" betta btw... xD

I know breeder quality bettas are better including since you know their heritage and background.. but I have actually seen more than some nice "Petco quality" bettas at Petco. xD

Attachments

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Ok. So I am going to give my 2 cents on all bettas are Thailand thereof they can be labeled as imports. That's completely false advertising. That's like telling me there isn't any difference in quality. That's like saying a American German shepherd is of the same quality as a German bloodline. They are essentially the same thing, but there are huge differences between the two. Any breeder could spot the difference just by looking. I'm not a breeder but even I can see the difference. And it's not a fact that someone is prying into your business by asking for papers and proof as any reputable breeder would be more than happy to provide such information to advertise their true bloodline. If you aren't willing to show paperwork and provide information, then I have to say that you have something to hide. When making such a high claim as a pure bloodline, you must be willing to back that up with proof. Just saying.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Serena, I disagree with much of what people are saying. I understand that it is hard to take pictures of hundreds of fish and believe that they are high quality.

Anyways, I am thrilled to see that you are located in Mississauga! It is not often that you find good quality sellers located nearby, especially being Canadian. I especially like the look of your half moon plakats. Any idea on shipping costs?

Thank you, and you have no idea how glad I am to finally find a Canadian online store that fits the bill!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Some of you guys are being pretty harsh. I know the pictures aren't the best, and more flare shots would really help. However, the fish look much better IRL. I bought one of her fish a week ago and he's healthy so far. He's also much prettier than his picture. She was easy to work with.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.