Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought this female betta from the pet shop today, but he/she doesn't really look like a female betta.

just noticed that the betta doesn't have a egg spot.

female or male :question:

help please.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Looks like a girl to me. She might just be young.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a girl to me. She might just be young.
The rest of the female betta in the pet shop did have eggspots and they were from the same spawn. they were smaller in size too.

the betta flares like a male though hmm

I guess only time will tell

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Can you get a picture of him/her flaring?
Remember that all bettas flare, regardless of gender. Females just won't have a large beard, and it won't extend underneath their chin like a male's will.
An eggspot is also not indicative of gender - some males show them, some females don't.

His/her anal fin does look a bit boyish - again, a photo of him/her flaring would help. The tail looks like he/she has a bit of rot, so keep an eye on that. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you get a picture of him/her flaring?
Remember that all bettas flare, regardless of gender. Females just won't have a large beard, and it won't extend underneath their chin like a male's will.
An eggspot is also not indicative of gender - some males show them, some females don't.

His/her anal fin does look a bit boyish - again, a photo of him/her flaring would help. The tail looks like he/she has a bit of rot, so keep an eye on that. :)
Yea,she has a bit of fin rot.......the aquarium in the pet shop was literally covered with food.(that's what you call over feed)

she does have a larger beard than my other female, but is smaller than size than my males.

going o take the photo then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.