Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spawned: September 7
Hatched: September 9

Male (Flame)

Female (Perla)
Perla is a plakat female that I don't really know how to label colorwise. She has this turquoise/yellow color going on but she also has some marble gen in her.
So, if anyone knows what exactly she is please let me know.
Here are some different pictures of her:

There are so many little tails

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
The fry are now 1 week old! There are easily 50 fry and maybe even more. We will see how many of them make it to adults.
I've started rising the water level so they have more room to swim and I will start doing small water changes soon.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
They are now 10 days old. At first, I thought of uploading pics of the fry just once a week, but I just can't help myself. I'm taking pictures of them every day and I love to see them grow, so why not share them here more often.

Today I made the first water change. I've noticed that I have two kinds of fry: some of them have a light-colored body and the others a dark-colored body. I'm excited to see what colors they turn out.

In this picture you can see what I mean when I say I have two kinds of fry

My plan for tomorrow is to finish my 60l tank that I'm going to use as a grow-out tank. It's a tank I bought second-handed and it's in an urgent need of removing the old silicone and resealing it.

You can't imagine how I wish we had here something similar to the "dollar per gallon" offer. I would have my house full of tanks and I would save soooo much money.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Remember how I said I was going to finish the grow out tank last week? I wasn't able to do it until yesterday. I started classes two weeks ago and it feels like I don't' have time for anything. Also, resealing the silicone took me waaaay longer than I thought.

But now is almost ready. I just filled it to see if there are no leaks, so If everything goes well I plan on transferring them tomorrow or the next day.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The fry are now 3 weeks old! I transferred them yesterday to the grow out tank. The glass in that tank is somehow kind of opaque, so I can't take super clear pictures of the fry anymore.
The first picture is before I moved them into the other tank. I just bought a new thermometer and for some reason they liked it quite a lot.

Most of the fry, if not all, have already developed their ventral fins and they're so tiny and cute.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I think that's going to be the most exciting part of all!! I don't know what to expect since the female has some kind of marble gen in her, I think I might end up with a bunch of colors.
Super excited to see yours too!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
A little update on the spawn. I had to cull two fry because they weren鈥檛 even able to swim, so that leaves 116 fry I have now.
I鈥檝e been having some problems with my BBS and I feel that the fry might be a little behind of growth. I鈥檝e started feeding them grindal worms, but the big culture I have has mites so I had to make new ones, and it will take them a couple of weeks to be full.
I will also start doing more frequent water changes, maybe every day or every two days about 30-50% and see if that makes a difference.
They are now 1 month old and they鈥檝e started to develop some color. I will post some pictures as soon as I get home!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
The fry are now 1 month old! And I really hate this tank's glass because I can't take good pictures.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I was feeding my adults some frozen bloodworms and thought "why not try and see if the fry would eat them", and some of them did!! It was a really good surprise, and now I can start slowly getting them used to the bloodworms.

I'm also thinking about getting some repashy gel food. I've seen some people here use it ant it seems like it works fine. Someone who could please tell me if you recommend it and how the fry growth by eating it?

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, they're growing pretty nicely! At first I was a little worried because I thought they were growing slowly. I saw some people having them super big at 1 month and thought that maybe I was doing something wrong, but turns out they are growing just fine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts