Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shad:

Aurora:

She was a snot and took a little longer than her sister, but she eventually gave in and spawned with him! They finished last night, so I'm expecting babies tomorrow evening.

Found myself a fish-safe tub to use. It's a bit small, but I wanted to see if that would help the fry with feeding. If all goes well, they will go into a bigger tub or small tank at 2 weeks, and upgrade as needed. Shad and Aurora were at it for quite some time. Opal finished within an hour or two, these two were still working after about 4 or 5 hours.

Gigantor lump of eggs O_O And pappa watching after them like a good boy! I think there's even more under the katappa leaf, but I've bothered him enough today to get these couple photos.

Gosh, Shadrach is a ridiculously pretty fish and good father to his fry. I feel silly feeling so proud of him XD

If I can get any photos of the fry in the nest, I'll post them, but it may be difficult because of the tub.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
They are both beautiful! :D Are you doing two spawns at once?!

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Hes such a nice fish! Good luck with this batch!

·
Registered
681 Posts
very nice parents! :) and good luck with the spawn..most fry i ever got from a single spawn came from a CT female i got close to 400 fry..lol...the female CT tummy tend to be thicker than other varieties with eggs..so you get a whole lotta babies... more than say HM..etc etc

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Their so cute! Their father is beautiful by the way.:-D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.