Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I always use aged water I keep in a tub with a thermometer and IAL as long as 10 days. Even tap water needs to be brought to the same as their old water to avoid shock to the fish. I've very meticulous when it comes to my fishies water so I probably overdue it but it's not necessary. I do find it much more beneficial to the fish and that it helps me change water much quickly because I don't need to float my fish in the tank and wait for temps to even out.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Ten days are quite a while to hold water and so far I have had to use mine faster than that.
Same here, I keep it there up to ten days. With my spawns and the multiple tanks I have I usually use it up faster. I just made water changes and setup a new tank so my container tub is in need of replenishment just after 3 days. Now with 1 spawn growing out and another just barely hatched I will have to prepare new water everyday so I won't have the luxury of aging the water for more tha 24 hours but still I won't use it straight from the tap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.