Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago, I though my male betta had Ich. One of the reference personel on this site ID'd (from the picture I posted) that the one white spot I was seeing was NOT Ich. That's the good news.

The bad news... he starting doing pretty bad a few days ago. Stopped eating, and sat at the bottom of the tank, GASPING, constantly. I did a 75% water change and added 0.5 teaspoon of aquarium salt per gallon (temperature stayed at 80). By that evening, he was doing a lot better. He is swimmy and eating! The mystery white spot went away. I've done 50% water changes every day since, and kept up the salt concentration at 0.5 teaspoon per gallon.

However, now that he is doing great, I noticed something strange. He has about 6 teeny holes in the side of his head (behind his eye). They are about the size of a grain of pepper, and I can only see them with a flashlight. WHAT IS THIS? IS IT CONTAGIOUS?

When all this hullabaloo went down, I moved my female (who was in the tank on the other side of a divider). She is currently living in a 1 gallon bowl, which is obviously small and not heated. I want to get her moved back as soon as possible.

What should I do? How long should I wait to move my female back (assuming the male is still doing good)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts