Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never had a snail in my 5 gal. It had no filter because i planned on not using it anymore ( its been this week for 2 weekks ) but today, i found two baby snails in it, how is that possible

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Did you put live plants in it? Sometimes they latch onto the plants. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, i have never had live plants in this tank, there fabric. I also dont have snails crawling around my house..haha. I have no idea how this can possibly happen!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
IDK Then . . . Do you have any idea what kind of snails they are? lol Pics please!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Maybe the snork brought them?

(That would be the snail stork... ) :lol:
I vote this.

That's really weird. Were the fish in it bagged? o-o I don't know anything that had store aquarium water could hold snail eggs. Maybe even a fish, as unlikely as that sounds, doesn't seem to be much explanation :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
My mum's never had live plants in her 10gal tank and she had an invasion of snails once. Luckily something in there ate them all! Never did work out where they'd come from. Perhaps floating eggs in the fish bag/cup water?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Yep. I added a pygmy Cory (they only had one), to my tank and had 2 snails a few days later o.o they latch onto fish somehow.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry i never posted pics, but the died, they wouldnt eat anything flakes, pellets nothing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.