Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

i am not too concerned, but just want to make sure everything is fine. Ok, so here goes. Honeycomb was originally all yellow with his tips of his fins cellophane when i bought him almost 2 years ago. Now after recovering from numerous split fins, his tips turned more cellophane(which i heard the new fin growth from the healing of his torn fin) and the yellow on his body is still there, except now parts of him are turning a dusty black, not solid, but like a coating almost. He looks like he is dirty, like he was rolled in dirt in small patches of his body. It has happened over a large amount of time, so i am thinking that this just happens to Betta as they age, their pigmenetating changes. He is still super energetic and eats great, so should i be worried or am i just gonna end up with a bumblebee for a Betta fish lol?He is also making his first bubble nest!

it dosent look like velvet to me...

Pic coming soon!:lol:

· Registered
6,559 Posts
I know... No one will know my Location!! YAYYYAY!!! :DDDDD Good. You're looking at Lebron! he's pretty pretty if you know what I mean. ^-^

· Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here are some photos:

some are taken with the aquarium light on, some with them off

Thanks!

ps, HE was pure white and cellophane when i got him, not a single pinch of any other color on him :)

BTW< he is also recovering from a torn caudal fin nicely :)

· Registered
140 Posts
I dont know whats wrong with him, but he is gorgeous. Maybe its a natural change? I had a dark blue betta turn teal and lighten up. He was almost black. Then I have Loki who had an all white body with clear fins, his body is slowly turning a gorgeous turquoise color.

· Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont know whats wrong with him, but he is gorgeous. Maybe its a natural change? I had a dark blue betta turn teal and lighten up. He was almost black. Then I have Loki who had an all white body with clear fins, his body is slowly turning a gorgeous turquoise color.
Thanks so much! i have seen Loki on this website, and he is beautiful! Maybe it is natural...:-D

· Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think this is normal. If he shows signs of Disease, then you should worry. ;)
Thanks Lebron! I think it is just natural signs of aging :) He hasn't shown disease even when this change in pigmentation occurred, so i am not worried. He is still super happy (mini bubblenest) and active and eating good :)

Who knows, maybe i will end up with a bumblebee betta lol:-D

· Registered
6,559 Posts
Yay! Bumblebee! Want some honey? Or are you offended? Your name is Honeycomb after all! JK ;P It's actually a nice name! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.