Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to a pet store just to look at some of the new puppies they had. I had never been there, and I was really starting to like it until I saw these "betta bowls". They weren't even bowls. They were around the size of a tennis ball!!! A betta wouldn't even be able to flare very well in that! .5 gallons are small enough, let alone keeping a fish in a tiny cup!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I agree! Some look smaller than the cups they come in. I cant believe company's get away with making them.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I was definitely not gonna buy anything from them, but I was with a friend and they were letting people play with the dogs and its kinda hard to resist playing with puppies!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
its kinda hard to resist playing with puppies!
So true!! We used to have a petstore around here that had a ton of puppies that a friend of mine worked at so I'd go in just about every week to play with them. I knew they probably came from puppy mills so i never would have bought one, but your right, its really hard to resist playing with them!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I would only buy a dog from a well trusted breeder. Puppy mills are terrible :( but today I saw this one Boston Terrior... I would have bought that dog if I knew for sure it came from a trusted breeder!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mean even if you did keep a fish in there you would need to change the water crazy often! And there is barely enough room for gravel in that cup! I don't understand why the stores don't say bettas need to be kept in a five gallon so they can make more money on the tanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
I wish people would stop viewing bettas & fish in general as decorations! They're living, feeling, thinking creatures who deserve to be taken care of properly.

·
Banned
9,614 Posts
Our pet store keeps them in bowls they get 3 water changes a week and they seem to gofast our pet store here in my opinion is better than many. They have the right to refuse to sell someone fish.

·
Registered
590 Posts
We dont have any legit petstores that i know of just two specialty fish shops then two petcos and a petsmart plus shelters. The petsmart here sells dogs and cats but they have their own adoption center in back which I think is nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.