Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Mango(female betta in 10 gallon tank) nitro(hound mutt male) nutmeg(treeing Tennessee brindle female
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a marriage gift from my husband when we got married and I kinda pushed it away after he passed. So I’m finally pulling it out but it has dust sand and dead plant remains dried on it because I honestly didn’t even try and just threw it in a box (I mean i have that right. I mean he died and I had tHiNgs going through my head it’s traumatic when you lose someone that close) so I was wondering how to clean it off in his memory to try to bring my kids dad and sister back to life a little. Both my oldest and my husband died so my youngest who was born right after my husband died doesn’t remember him so here we are(this is turning into a sob story gah)
Wood Grey Road surface Asphalt Grass
Road surface Wood Grass Asphalt Trunk
Toy Reptile Organism Wood Scaled reptile
Gesture Wood Nail Thumb Trunk
Bedrock Sculpture Artifact Wood Art

·
Registered
591 Posts
🤗

If its wood (sorry bad eyes and on my phone) then I would take a stiff wire brush to it and soak it until its waterlogged and add to the tank. If you know already where you want to add rhizome plants then I would scruff the area up extra to give the glue a better chance to hold.

What tank is it going into? Also have to say I really like its orientation in the photo with your hand propping it up, can see that being a real centrepiece to the tank. So let's get it back into a tank and looking all grown in and appreciated by you and your family (and wet pets obviously)

·
Registered
Mango(female betta in 10 gallon tank) nitro(hound mutt male) nutmeg(treeing Tennessee brindle female
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
🤗

If its wood (sorry bad eyes and on my phone) then I would take a stiff wire brush to it and soak it until its waterlogged and add to the tank. If you know already where you want to add rhizome plants then I would scruff the area up extra to give the glue a better chance to hold.

What tank is it going into? Also have to say I really like its orientation in the photo with your hand propping it up, can see that being a real centrepiece to the tank. So let's get it back into a tank and looking all grown in and appreciated by you and your family (and wet pets obviously)
I don’t think it’s wood because it’s hollow although it might be. And I don’t plan on doing live plants other then floating one’s it’s going into my females tank which is a ten gallon and I am hoping mango will appreciate it :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts