Betta Fish Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought 2 nerite snails 2 weeks ago they have been in a quarantine tank for all that time now its time that i present them to my betta :p but i dont know how to do it. my betta is in a 10 gallon tank and he has abit of algae on his gravel so i got 2 nerite snails but he doest have any other tank mates so how do i introduce them?
do i take my betta out and accimilate my snail and let them in the tank for a bit and then add back my betta?

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Personally I acclimated my snails then released them. Some of Bettas paid no mind to them others were curious & one or two picked on the snails for a little while but nothing major. Snails can go into their shells so they stay fairly well protected.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Some people acclimate snails, others don't. I never have. Nerites are a good choice with bettas because of their small eye stalks and overall minimal body protrusion from the shell. I would just put them in but if you want to acclimate them then fine. I would not worry about introducing them to the betta though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can you have different types of snails say one mystery and one assassin? Or is it best to get 2 of the same? Also which types of snails are best for algae?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Take the snail out of the bag then toss in in the tank. I've done that with all my snails with no deaths.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks a lot i just acclimated them and i put them straight in and they are very active and love the algae! :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put a few small snails in my tank and my betta is hiding and puffing up his gills I think he’s scared of them he’s not biting them but I don’t know how to get him comfortable to them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.