Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued my first fish, a male betta, and because of my inexperience, he got sick. When I had him in a ten gallon tank and he hid a lot, so when I finally did the first water change, I saw he had the tell-tale cotton around his mouth and a small wound on his chin. I quickly got medicine for him and have been keeping a close eye on him.

It has been at least two weeks now, and he seems much more active. The cotton is gone and the wound is white, not red (I assume it's a scar?) but he still has a noticeable amount of scales missing on the "saddle" part of his back. I wanted to know if it was safe to stop giving him medicine and if he was better. All the research I've done has only given me results for fins, not scales.

I would like to put him back in the ten gallon tank soon, so he has more room than in his sick bowl, I'm sure he'd be happier too!

· Registered
8,722 Posts
Does the medicine say how long to treat for? If you've done a full treatment, by the sounds of it he should be fine now. The white is recovering tissue, so with clean water the scales should grow back just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.