Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Be careful about feeding at all when bloated. It's reccommended to lay off feeding for one or two days to let his system clear before feeding him again. The healthiest feeding habits are a mix of food - pellets, freezedried, and occasional flakes if they'll eat them. Feeding 2-4 pellets twice daily is also a good habit. In his condition, I'd stay low at 2 pellets twice daily.

You should also skip one day a week so his digestive system can regulate, even when he's healthy. It'll help avoid future problems like this.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've never used it before, but I'm glad to hear you're doing well for your fish.

If his bloat is gone or going down, continue what you're doing. If he's on a good feeding regimen, then he should continue to get better if he's already had progress, and shouldn't have this happen again in the future. Probably a week after his bloat is completely gone, I'd try to add more variety to his diet to keep him healthy and eating. A rotation of foods is good for fish, and keeps them from getting bored with their food.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.