Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Reference Team
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know it's best to provide our fish with some dark-time every night. So, when there are lights on in the house, we have to cover them.

How do you cover your tank?

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Huh, how late do you guys stay up each night?
Thanks to school my tank lights are on from 3pm-10pm usually. Even with other lights on in the house it shouldn't be too bright for the fish compared to when tank lights are on.. Consider it more like a "late evening" period for them. It may even be better than going straight from bright to complete darkness. My friend's discus tank has a daytime light, and then at around 6-7pm it switches to a dimmer "evening" light for them for a couple of hours. o-O

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't.. I turn my fishes' lights on when I get home from school at about 3:15pm. I turn it off at about 8:30pm at night because thats when it starts getting dark out. Then I just turn my TV on and it gives them some dim light, but enough to see.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
All of my fish just have whatever natural light comes to them as I'm not growing plants or anything atm.

That being said, I always sleep with my lights on, but on a dim setting. My fish seem fine with it, they sleep with no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts