Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after the eggs hatch and there still hanging onto the bubbles how do you know how much to feed them? and does it increase when they let o of the bubbles?? ....ugh... help!!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
You don't have to feed them until they are free swimming. And then not for a couple of days... I give mine a small amount of mw when they are free swimming just in case they want a snack, but they still have much of their egg yoke sac still feeding on that.

Jeff.:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok but how much do i feed them when there swimming around? and how long do i wait? and no im just researching how to breed bettas i dont plan on doing so until june

·
Registered
639 Posts
ok but how much do i feed them when there swimming around? and how long do i wait? and no im just researching how to breed bettas i dont plan on doing so until june
Well, I feed them as much as they will eat. When first free swimming after a few days I add a touch of micro worms.

After a week or so of free swimming I will add some live baby brine shrimp.

If you add too many, just be prepared to vacum them up... You'll learn eventually how much they will eat.:)

Jeff.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright thanks,:) if i have anymore questions ill post it on this thread :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are the stripes on the female betta fish showing its ready to breed on its tail or body??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ohh okay and one more question i can think of, is it easier to see them on a darke female or a lighter female or does it matter??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so this just pretty much tells you what to do and stuff?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts