Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy is already 2 years old :) Getting matured, stopped building bublenests, resigned himself to the fact that he will be old bachelor. For 6 months probably I kept adding and changing IALs - basically letting leaves just float on the top of the tank.

It is so funny to watch my boy sleeping at night. Since the leaf is close to the surface, he swims over it and just rests right at the surface, sometimes with his fins even sticking out of water, sometimes he just falls on a side. It seems it is his preferred way to sleep so when he wants to breathe he just lifts his head, gasps air and continues sleeping :))) and he loves sleeping on a side.

How do your boys sleep at night?

Leaf Terrestrial plant Wood Fish Wildlife

Reptile Terrestrial plant Lizard Terrestrial animal Scaled reptile

Vertebrate Water Fish Wood Fish supply

Cat Plant Felidae Carnivore Window

Brown Ingredient Food Recipe Wood

Wood Gas Pest Wood stain Flooring

·
Registered
6 Bettas, 5 Snails, 5 Shrimp, 1 Mouse, 2 Hissing roaches
716 Posts
Thats adorable!!
(Also your furbaby is absolutely precious)

One of my boys, Vanek, likes to sleep on his heater!
Moroz Rosett usually sleeps beside his rock on top of a plant root.
Kristobal sleeps on the gravel or his hammock leaf.
Santiago likes his rock cave.
My other boys, Jalaluddin, and Inaiyau like to sleep on their Betta hammock leaves.

It's fun how they all have their certain spots.
Bettas are such fun little creatures!

• Love
Reactions: Viktor Lesiv

·
Registered
41 Posts
My boy is already 2 years old :) Getting matured, stopped building bublenests, resigned himself to the fact that he will be old bachelor. For 6 months probably I kept adding and changing IALs - basically letting leaves just float on the top of the tank.

It is so funny to watch my boy sleeping at night. Since the leaf is close to the surface, he swims over it and just rests right at the surface, sometimes with his fins even sticking out of water, sometimes he just falls on a side. It seems it is his preferred way to sleep so when he wants to breathe he just lifts his head, gasps air and continues sleeping :))) and he loves sleeping on a side.

How do your boys sleep at night?

View attachment 1036101

View attachment 1036099

View attachment 1036098

View attachment 1036100

View attachment 1036096

View attachment 1036097
My betta likes to rest his head on the floating plants and just sleep like that. Or he will sleep in a little tunnel I made out of pvc pipe. They are so cute when they sleep. That’s so cool, I hope I can keep my betta that long

1 - 8 of 8 Posts