Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally ended up flinging my girl 3 inches in the air when she bit my finger and I jerked back in surprise... She has jaws like a vice grip, and pounces her food like a shark T_T.

How hard do your bettas bite?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Oh yea, I have been through that..I wait until I have fed Sammy the first 2 pellets, then I put the last one on my finger to let him jump to get it, before I did it that way, if I put the first on on my finger, wow..did I feel it..and it does scare you so you do jump, and if the fishy is attatched they get scared and could get hurt, so yea, I got fishy bites before, small ones, but it was mostly because I fed with the same finger on the tip everytime, but I have to watch for Sapphire now, he is even more ferocious than Sammy..always save the last pellet..won't be as bad..lol

·
Registered
599 Posts
I was feeding glass worms tonight actually, my royal blue female surprised me and clamped onto the worm and my finger. Certainly made me jump!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Stu is such a gentleman. He circles your finger a few times and politley takes it from your finger tip!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have three male bettas (I have three tanks, every betta lives alone in his own one..)
One of them "jumps" on the food, it looks like he didn't eat for months... but I feed them every morning XD
The two others eat them ... how I'll call it, regulary , I guess >.>

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I have only been bit once and it was in my first year of betta keeping by Keiichi the CT. It startled me and him lol I haven't given my other fish the opportunity to bite me lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
I find it funny cause I have seven bettas but my two boys, Dr. Reid and Unicorn is only that would jump & bite me. I have felt the grips!

My other boys are mostly mellow & shy. lol... -_-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts