Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mango(female betta in 10 gallon tank) nitro(hound mutt male) nutmeg(treeing Tennessee brindle female
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I first off my mom was into bettas when I was a kid and she still is so once I moved out I got a five gallon as a gift and my mom at the time was a betta and dog breeder(stopped bettas but is still breeding dogs) so I got a fry and I’m killed it in a week(sip) sooo my mom didn’t give me any more. Some time later I was looking at my local petco for dog treats and food for my moms dogs and then I met Hokusai so ya know what I said “your coming home with me” so I grabbed him he was basically dead with the sticker ripped off at the sink with the Clove oil right next to him. the petco worker gave me a weird look and gave him to me for free. And ya know what he lived for seven years after a month of being half dead in his tank he fixed up. Then I got a ten gallon 6 or 7 ish years later and thirty minutes later I came home with…a dog XD totally unrelated to the beta thing but like it’s a puppy U-U
a n y w a y few weeks later I got my first female mango and set her up. Hokusai died a few weeks later and I honestly neglected mango for a while then I got a lecture from my mom that if I didn’t take care of her she would bring her home. So I started to care about her she is a “koi” female(she don’t look like it but I still love her) then fast forward I got another male to replace Hokusai named monsieur French fry. He had a whole new fresh hell for me he had really poor genetics he hurt his spine by jumping out of his tank it was a mess sadly he passed T-T B U T I plan on setting up a 20 and a 30 gallon eventually and getting another male for the five gallon and a female for the 20 and possibly a sorority for the 30 (maybe because holyyyy people say it’s hard)

mango
Wood Carnivore Water Bengal tiger Felidae

Fish Feather Terrestrial animal Snout Wood

Underwater Fin Fish Marine biology Fawn

Hokusai
Plant Light Green Leaf Azure

(it’s a weird angle so his head looks strange)

monsieur French fry
(Don’t have photos .-. He was a butterfly male)

how did you all get started in betta keeping? I would love to see all of your finned babies as well

·
Registered
Many Platies, 1 Glofish, Many Goldfish and RRM's, Many Shrimp and Snails, 5 Birds.
4,389 Posts
Well, it started out with 3 goldfish. 2/3 died. Then, someone I knew was giving her 10 gallon setup away. We were the only ones she knew that had a fish. So, we got the whole setup. Fast forward 2 1/2 years later, I went to a friends house. She had a giant betta in a fish bowl and I thought (I know, bad idea) 'Why, I have a fish bowl at home! I can get a betta and put him in there!'. So, a few months later, I came home with Saturn. Poor guy had a tough life. When he passed due to getting fin rot 3 different times, I got Neptune. He lived about 6 months with me. He also passed due to fin rot last November. Now, I have Opal and Luna. I couldn't have any sweeter bettas! Even if Opal is fin nipping. :)

Reactions: betta4ever!

·
Registered
6 Bettas, Innumerable Snails, 3 Mice, 2 Hissing roaches
3,116 Posts
I started keeping them about seven(?) years ago. I had grown up with fish (mollies, tetras, goldfish and koi), and we had a family Betta for a decent amount of time as well.

It was after he passed, I had grown quite attached to Bettas, that we were in a store and I found my first boy. Talked them into letting me bring him home and that started me on my Betta journey which, several years later, has me keeping six. As I have acquired tanks over random through the years.

Sadly, my parents have a limit on tanks, so won't be getting anymore till I'm out of home. But!

I have many last boys so I'll just mention my current kiddos.
There's Santiago, my orange and red koi.
Inaiyau, my grey and yellow bi-colour.
Jalaluddin, my blue and white crowntail.
Cascade my white halfmoon.
Rhydian my copper koi.
And Erjon my blue and white with some green iridescence kid.

I love having so many Bettas because there's such personality range between them. It's fun to observe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts