Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
502 Posts
I wanted a fish all through childhood, but my parents said no. But then when I was 10 we did a science unit on fish we each got our own goldfish and got to take it home. Since then, I have cared for guppies, glofish, goldfish, and I got my first betta in December. I think having a tank in her room might work, she sounds like she is very mature for her age. but I'm not sure about the princess toys in the plastic coating, I don't know if it'd be safe to put in a fish tank. And I would only put one betta in her room for now, just to see how it works out. Make sure she remembers to feed the fish and all that stuff

· Registered
502 Posts
Your three year old is very responsible, mature, and advanced for her age. She'll grow up to be someone who has a high iq, and is very trustworthy and will have no trouble getting accepted for jobs and colleges. maybe she'll even be advanced enough to start kindergarten a year early, or skip a grade.
But warning, keeping a betta in her room will make her very attached to it, so when her betta dies, you can expect her to be really sad!!! It will be a hard time for her since she's never lost a betta before and now she has one in her room.
I got my first cat at age 9, first fish at age 10, second cat at age 12, I've had a lot of fish die and now I've got two bettas, both living in my room. I'm getting a snake soon

· Registered
502 Posts
But make sure to remind her that at some point the fish is going to die, so she will prepare for it and get used to the idea so she won't be too sad. Having a fish in her room will make her feel very attached to it, so the death will be hard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.