Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :)

I'm currently in school, so I think this would be great for my desk!

Yes, I realize it is small, but I was wondeirng how many gallons it is?

I won't be putting a fish in it, but maybe a snail or some shrimp? :D

Thanks for any help <3 :-D

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the Tetra 1.5 gallon cube, which also comes in a 3 gallon version. Although it's slightly reflective, some good decorations could cut down on that. I honestly do like it, even if I'm trying to lobby my parents into getting me a bigger tank. If I wanted a tank for work or on my desk, it's perfect.

I've also heard fantastic reviews on the Fluval Spec aquariums, which come in nice desktop sizes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can find some of the Fluval's on sale some times. I bought a spec v a while back and am looking to put a betta in it now. It is a great looking/working tank so far. I have all of the mods done to it to make it betta friendly, and a couple assassin snails working clean up.

·
Registered
Tao: Butterfly Halfmoon, Ivan: Kitty!, Firefly: TB Horse<3
2,685 Posts
You could always go to a 2.5 minibow which is definitely small enough for a desk. If you wanted you could house a Betta, but it should be big enough for some snails. You'll need algae wafers though.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have one of these tanks and I love it. Been using it for over 2 years for bettas. It sits on top of a small filing cabinet by my computer desk. It doesn't look like it is available online at Walmart right now, but maybe you have a Walmart near you that has it in stock… Just my suggestion on a small desktop tank that I have experience with. I bought a 25W hydor heater and a small filter on Amazon for it. I didn't like the filter that came with it. The filter wouldn't be needed, but the link to the one I have is below, if you're interested. BTW- I found the tank you originally posted on a different site and it lists that it holds 1 1/2 quarts of water.

The tank:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-LED-Cube-3-Gallon-Aquarium-Fish-Aquatic-Pets/20693135

Oh! It's available on Amazon for a little bit more money:
http://www.amazon.com/Tetra-29095-C...upplies_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ECS5ZQFYB6FX9DYW482

The filter I use:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YD7D4/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just some other options for you, and under $50!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Oh! I also forgot to mention that I have live plants (amazon sword) in that tank and the led lights that came with it do a good job of keeping them alive and growing.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Finding Dory (sequel to Finding Nemo) is coming out next year.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yep, my 3 gallon is cycled. I do a weekly 50% water change. It is a really nice looking tank. Like I said, I've been using mine for over two years and it is my favorite of all my tanks. It's the smallest one I have, but I love it so much that I keep it. It takes up very little room.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.