Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now, I have three in my tank along with my betta. They're incredibly social with each other and fun to watch, and they keep the gravel pretty spotless. I'm thinking about maybe getting a few more, since they have such a small bioload and I love seeing how they interact. My betta, freddie, ignores them entirely. How many do you guys think would be the max? I wouldn't want a ton of shrimp running all over the tank and freaking freddie out... :lol:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
In a four gallon....I'd say no more than what you've got. Overstocking the tank would be a bad idea.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not to disagree with Russell there, but I'd be inclined to go with bloo97, probably just because I prefer an understocked tank to an overstocked one. I think it looks better, and i would imagine the animals like a little breathing room. There's a difference between enough to socialize with one another and so many that they can't walk two steps without running into one another. Split the difference maybe, go with around 5?

·
Super Moderator
22,880 Posts
Shrimp need others to feel secure and the more you have the more secure they feel when with a predator. I had 20+ in a five gallon and there was still lots of room. With a Betta, there doesn't tend to be too much breeding.

You didn't say which shrimp and we didn't ask. :) I would say no more than 10-15 Red Cherry Shrimp; two Amanos or five Ghost shrimp.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Shrimp need others to feel secure and the more you have the more secure they feel when with a predator. I had 20+ in a five gallon and there was still lots of room. With a Betta, there doesn't tend to be too much breeding.

You didn't say which shrimp and we didn't ask. :) I would say no more than 10-15 Red Cherry Shrimp; two Amanos or five Ghost shrimp.
Somebody else wants to know how many cherty shrimp to put in a 29 gallon I think...I'm not sure, their message doesn't make complete sense...I told them 40-60, but you should go tell em what you think. I don't know a whole lot bout shrimp. I think the thread is from today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.