Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love Omelette so much. So so so so so much! Whenever I see him I get happy because he dances (even though it might just be for food). He gets depressed if I'm not in my room enough to entertain him. He has more personality than my goldfish! And that's saying something (my goldies differ hugely and they're personality-filled).....I just love bettas so much!
So how much do you love bettas? Are you on this forum because your aunt gave you her 4 year old betta she doesn't want anymore and you just need to know how to take care of it? Are you here because your best friend's fish got fin rot and you don't know what to do? Are you here because you love bettas so so much that you have 50000000000000000000000000 bettas and you breed them and supply every pet store chain in your country with bettas?
Hehe....so how much do you love bettas then?

·
Registered
980 Posts
I'm here because a betta is as close as you can get to having a mermaid (Or merman) in your house. And I've loved both (merpeople and fishies) for as long as I can remember.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I do love bettas quite a bit, but they aren't my favorite fish. Koi, goldfish, sturgeon, and eel loaches come before bettas in my list of favorites. But they are in my top 5.

I'm mostly here because well I love bettas. I don't have nearly as many as some users her, but I've got more other fish than most. I also enjoy the company of people who don't see bettas as "easy fish" or throwaway fish. Even some aquarists have this opinion of these fish.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I adore my bettas. Bought 6 breeders from a breeder. Bought a little HMPK male because I thought he was a girl. XD He quickly stole my heart and became my favorite. I'm even getting a bunch more! So I'm here because I love them and plan on breeding.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I love Bettas so much, my parents think I am "unhealthy" obsessed. But how can I help it? Once the Betta bug has bitten, you can never go back!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I love betta fish so much that my friends think I have a problem(and they have betta fish themselves).

·
Registered
575 Posts
I love all my little buddies. Especially ky my lush blue boy. I love how impressively massive he is, how when he flares he looks like a king, I love the way both my bettas chew their food! I've never seen a fish chew flakes. I love their observant natures and how different each one is. And I love their beauty. Betta are the most rewarding of fish.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I'm mostly here because well I love bettas. I don't have nearly as many as some users her, but I've got more other fish than most. I also enjoy the company of people who don't see bettas as "easy fish" or throwaway fish. Even some aquarists have this opinion of these fish.
This. Every time someone at the local fish club suggests I graduate to "real" fish, I make this face. http://www.sodahead.com/entertainme...es_no_face_of_course_not_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Well as opposed to a more difficult fish to care for like discus. I've also gotten that kind of response when serious fishkeepers hear that I keep goldfish. I think it also has a lot to do with some aquarists looking down on people who keep "man-made" fish like goldfish, betta, and guppies. I don't really know why.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.