Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out of town recently and left my Betta with my mom. She was concerned that I was feeding him less then I should. I was told 4-5 pellets once a day. A friend said 2 pellets once a day and the pellet container says 7 pellets TWICE daily (depending on size of Betta.) As you can see those are all quite different and I would like to hear other opinions.
What food I use= atison's Betta food
I am currently feeding him 4 pellets once a day

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I feed three pellets twice a day, fasting one day a week. It is generally better to split the feedings into two meals per day, rather than one big one, just like with humans. :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
I went out of town recently and left my Betta with my mom. She was concerned that I was feeding him less then I should. I was told 4-5 pellets once a day. A friend said 2 pellets once a day and the pellet container says 7 pellets TWICE daily (depending on size of Betta.) As you can see those are all quite different and I would like to hear other opinions.
What food I use= atison's Betta food
I am currently feeding him 4 pellets once a day

What you feed should be dependent on the size of the pellet. I use Omega One Betta Buffet pellets and I would recommend 3-4 pellets twice a day for those (they're fairly small). For a bigger pellet, I would recommend 2 pellets twice a day. I agree with what was said above as well. Make sure to fast one day a week as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my pellets that I use appear to be much smaller than the Omega buffet pellets (at least what I could tell from a google photo) The ones I use are like the size of a sharp pencil point

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thank you! because now that I am looking at the pictures of the other pellets, they look a good size larger than the ones that I use. I just did not want to overfeed my fish and since all of the advice was so different I figured I would ask everyone on here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts