Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that it's been suggested to rearrange decor to alleviate fin biting, but I rearranged Nebby's tank, originally to help out the ghost shrimp that shared his tank. Unfortunately it wasn't untill after I'd set up the new arrangement that I found her tangled up in her own molted shell and incapable of swimming. She died not too long after.

On to happier notes, if you're not dealing with a tail biter, how often, if at all, do you rearrange your tank?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
maybe 1x a month, if I feel like it...i have 6 bettas so I alterante their hides, tunnels, leaf hammocks ect. Because I don't have enough for them to each have one of every toy. For my tail bitter, I give him looots of tunnels and plants, just things to do or play with so he keeps bussy.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
For ryuuji (a biter) I would re arrange it once a week with each 100% water change! with archy and Mesmer I only do it when necessary! and even then it isn't a big change.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I keep planted tank and end up rescaping them every weeks/few months ^^''
Keep thinking of something better to try or learning what grows faster/taller/thicker than another plant and rearrange accordingly for better display/spread of light.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Every other week. While my guy is a biter and it doesn't seem to change his biting, he still really seems to enjoy exploring a new set-up.

·
Registered
401 Posts
After every water clean , I just spruce it up :3

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I have 3 bettas that are NOT tail biters and I never rearrange their tanks. I do add things occasionally.

However, if it had a tail biter, then i would rearrange it every other week at the least, every week if it could.

·
Registered
204 Posts
In the 20-gallon community tank, will rearrange if adding a new neighbor to help prevent any aggression from the "Un-welcome committee."

Rearranged the 6-gallon NPT earlier tonite to improve light dispersement to the plants.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I also have a non-tailbiter. I did a re-arrangement today (after many, many months) just for my own aesthetics to see how I feel. Otherwise, I haven't felt the need to change anything around. He has been happy with his setup, so I have been happy with his setup.

·
Registered
547 Posts
With Nick's tank not so much since he is one of those reclusive types..ya I figured out his personality! With the 55g every time I introduce a new fish.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm going to be receiving some new plants soon and some mopani wood next weekend for my community tank. I'm hoping to float the plants just until I get the mopani boiled to leech out some of the excess tannins. I love the look of tannins in the water, but I hear that mopani has a lot of tannins, and I don't want my tank water almost black. I won't be able to see any of my fish if I stick it straight in!

I don't know, though. I might be unable to resist rescaping once I get the plants in, and have to do it all over again when I get the driftwood. What a shame that would be. ;-)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
My tanks change constantly - lol....I can't keep my hands off them because I enjoy this hobby so much and am constantly working on my "learning curves"

·
Registered
674 Posts
I run mostly live plants, driftwood, or stones. I don't really touch anything or move anything inside my tank. I plan all my tanks ahead of time. I research every single plant on how tall or wide they get before I plant anything. I position every single stone or wood to my liking before filling the tank with water.

When I had fake plants, I was moving stuff almost every week lol.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I don't usually change it up. Jasper's buddha gets moved around the tank occasionally but the plants (silk) stay in the same place as does his hide out. Jasper pouts if too many things are different (mainly going from having a huge bubble nest to defend to having none :roll: ) Next water change I might switch Oliver's stuff around and Castiel's but Jasper's usually stays relatively the same.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts