Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering pulling the filter out of my aqueon 2.5 gallon mini bow, if I do this, how often would I have to change the water? Or would I just be better off baffling the filter to cut down on the outflow? Any help would be greatly appreciated :-D

·
Registered
12 Posts
if you take out the filter then i suggest every 2 days change the water. make sure the water is cycled too. dont over feed your betta.
i feed mine sometimes once a day. in doing so i can train them when is feeding time. hahaha

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
In a 2.5gal tank without a filter-twice weekly water changes...1-50% and 1-100% to maintain water quality.....
If you add rooted plants-depending on number, species and growth state-you wouldn't need to make the 100%..

With a filter-twice weekly 50% water changes...1-50% water only and 1-50% to include the substrate by vacuum or stir and dip method
Filter media needs a swish/rinse in the bucket of old tank water a couple of times a month to maintain water flow.

Filters are optional for this species IMO/E....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.