Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to know how old the fry should be before going to a new home. And by how many months will their sex be apparent? I'm not in a rush; my fry are only a week old.

Oh and on another note: there is already a difference in color that I can tell between the fry. Some are pretty dark and others are light. Is that normal or is there something wrong?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I thought it was like 5 months to give them away. I'm not sure cause I've never bred them.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Different shades of fry are normal :D Dont worry! haha. Some of my two month olds are dark and others are light :) Their dad is dark and their mom was light pink so theres lots of variation which is nice! what do your fries parents look like?

Also I think it all really depends on the size the fry, some are fully grown by 3 months, and others dont get fully grown till like 5 or 6. Definitely varies! My fry are two months old and most are between 1/2" and 1 1/2" long now :)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Some times lighter coloured fries are weaker.My light coloured fries always swim much slower then my other dark coloured fries.

·
Registered
354 Posts
How old befire you seperate them?

·
Registered
150 Posts
When they show signs of aggression (real fights, not play fights), I'm pretty sure some separate them at around 3months + of age.

·
Registered
354 Posts
K, lol i didnt know they play fought.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Mrvampire181: cool lol, it looks like theyre chasing each other.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts