Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to get a new feeding plan for my betta. He's about 1-2 years old. I've decided to feed the following: Freeze Dried Bloodworms, peas, and pellets (I think they are called pellets, the little balls of fish meal). So i'm wondering, how often should I feed him each thing? (I am currently feeding him 3 pellets each day and so far nothing else.)

·
Registered
177 Posts
well i usally feed my betta 4 pellets a day and also if your feeding him freeze dried bloodworms make shure to feed it to your betta once a week it could cause anomia levels really high

·
Registered
658 Posts
Eliminate the peas for potential food.. *if* they are ever used, it's for constipation, and even then it's not reccomended. Freeze dried foods can cause bloating, but if you give him some, just a tiny pinch for a treat once a week. Pellets vary in size, I have some that are twice as big as others, so it's hard to say how many to feed, but usually 3 twice a day is fine. Honestly, I give mine 5 of the smaller ones twice a day, and have had no issues with bloating or a swelling tummy. The best way to feed is just keep an eye on their stomach. If it starts looking a little too full, cut back. Bettas all seem to vary slightly in what amounts work for them.

·
Registered
658 Posts
yeah, I have found a lot of sites always say peas are good, but we really have some experts here on betta care, and the concensus is, bettas are carnivores. vegetation is not natural to them, and can damage some organs. When something is controversial, the best bet is to steer clear. And it does make sense. Their natural food does not include any vegetation. The experts here reccomend daphnia instead of peas if there are constipation issues needing to be dealt with.

·
Registered
125 Posts
3 pellets twice a day is fine.
Only give him freeze dried blood worms once or twice a week as a treat and only a couple of pieces, think of them as candy for betta's, too many freeze dried blood worms will make him constipated and cause bloating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.