Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did find some culprits my water conditioners and salt plus freeze dried food now all removed.

Tomorrow i will disinfect my cabinet and then wash my bed sheets for smell to go away

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really cant they make fish food and water conditioners smell good? Lol even the salt i smelled it no wonder my poor nose

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
That's peculiar. Most of my aquariums are in my room, and it never smells. But the stinky flakes are locked in an airtight container. Maybe ziplocs would help your situation.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I keep my bedroom door closed most of the time, so when water evaporates, it stays there. And let me tell you, that doesn't smell very good.
If you have a ceiling fan (or any kind of fan, really) you can try turning it on. As for smells coming from maintenance products, make sure the lids are on tight. If you want to you can also put the offending containers in plastic bags.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestion! The products are downstairs now and i think they are better there lol i might go get some plastic bags

·
Registered
562 Posts
Weird. I have all my tanks in my room too. It doesn't smell bad at all. I have that fresh rain smell near the tanks - nothing unpleasant.

You can try leaving a box of baking soda open in a corner of the room to help with the odors.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
That's odd. I have three tanks in my dorm room and it doesn't smell at all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.