Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, It's been a while since i last checked in with this sight, and my new fish is doing great!
But i am training him to do things, like jump for food and swim through hoops. I just wanted to know what a safe material would be to make hoops out of. if i bought one it would have to be over the internet. I was wondering if instead i could use pipe cleaner, wire, or something like that to easily make a hoop instead of going out of my way to order one.
I'd really appreciate it :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi, It's been a while since i last checked in with this sight, and my new fish is doing great!
But i am training him to do things, like jump for food and swim through hoops. I just wanted to know what a safe material would be to make hoops out of. if i bought one it would have to be over the internet. I was wondering if instead i could use pipe cleaner, wire, or something like that to easily make a hoop instead of going out of my way to order one.
I'd really appreciate it :)
That is cute! Just make sure your tank has a lid if you're going to teach him how to jump!

And, if you're not going for looks, I'm pretty sure you could cut up a old bottle into hoots and tape or blunt the corners so they aren't sharp!

I don't see why not if it's not going to spend all of it's time in water!

But yeah.;-)

·
Registered
458 Posts
You could also take a stryrofoam cup, cut that out and use the wide end as a hoop.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You could also take a stryrofoam cup, cut that out and use the wide end as a hoop.
But doesn't styrofoam float?

I used pipecleaner but the hairs go all over the place. >.< .
Also pipecleaner has metal in it so I don't know if that's safe. But my original thought was a pipecleaner too :D

You could try airline tubing, like the stuff they use for bubblers. Only problem is that its clear. :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I was going under the assumption that the OP would be holding the hoop... But yes, styrofoam does float.

How about one of those plastic or rubber wristbands (i.e., like those nike sports bands) or even use one of those bendable glowsticks that you would wear around your wrists.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Use a plastic drinking straw and stick one end into the other...
Yeah, I've tried it but it floats. Maybe before attaching the ends put pebbles in the straw to weigh it down?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I was going under the assumption that the OP would be holding the hoop... But yes, styrofoam does float.

How about one of those plastic or rubber wristbands (i.e., like those nike sports bands) or even use one of those bendable glowsticks that you would wear around your wrists.
What if the glowstick leaks? :shock: I was thinking those hair ties without the metal bar that holds it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is cute! Just make sure your tank has a lid if you're going to teach him how to jump!

And, if you're not going for looks, I'm pretty sure you could cut up a old bottle into hoots and tape or blunt the corners so they aren't sharp!

I don't see why not if it's not going to spend all of it's time in water!

But yeah.;-)
My tank has a lid with a special feeding hole, dont worry. Also the reason i wasnt sure is because i read some stuff about not putting common objects into water, but If that doesn't really matter then a bottle would be a great idea, as long as it isn't sharp!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts