Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Buddy the Betta for about almost 9 months now and he constantly flares at his reflection. I have tried changing the lights he still flares. He will sometimes thrash against the glass and I'm afraid he will injure himself. He also sticks himself to the filter which doesnt hurt him. He has his own unique personality and he enjoys play time, but most of the time just flares at me. Any suggestions on how I can make him happier?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
If you cannot get rid of the reflection then try adding some Indian almond e leaves to soothe him

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
maybe add more plants if the tank isn't heavily planted at all. My jasper did the same thing and when I added two big silk plants he stopped

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He goes crazy even when the lights are on in the room. He swims around trying to find his reflection until he succeeds. He just sits there and stares at his reflection flaring. As soon as he starts to move and sees he reflection move he goes crazy. Yeah i have tall plants in my tank he just goes behind them and pushes them out the way. I'm starting to think Buddy is agressive towards everything. I had a gray dolphin water fountain near his tank and had to move it because he was trying to intimidate the fake dolphins on top. �� Other than the flaring hes happy and healthy. He loves to play! And he loves his picture taken he shows off! He eats well I feed him pellets and blood worms (Only as a treat). He does tricks like jumping out the water for a treat and he loves to rub against my finger and chase it. �� Just wish he wouldn't flare at everything so much. ��

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.