Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked everywhere, and there were only very vague articles (not blocked by the library computers) that had anything to do with Marble Bettas. I could sure use some help identifying if my little 'Blindi is a Marble or not. He's a blue Veiltail. I'll get pictures up by tomorrow...

I was told he might be one when I posted about him getting orange on his head and around his gills. The scales changed color.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
You won't know if he's a marble until he actually completely changes. The orange may or may not be normal but I'd have to see pictures of before and after of course to help out. Marbling can happen at any time in a fishes life and can continuously happen or just happen once.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Great deffinition

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All right, I'll see what happens then. I don't think the orange is a problem, which is why i asked if he was a marble. I'm pretty sure my other betta is though. He's getting sky blue where he used to be pink. XD

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was under the impression that marble bettas have a sort of splotchy coloring, even if it doesn't change a lot. I am no expert on betta types though.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
See, that's where AquaBid is confusing everyone. Marbles start off with a solid color almost always but the gene can happen to any coloration. The fish would then turn a completely different color and then usually back to the original color after that. Then they could stay like that or turn again.

THEN there is a "Marble coloration" which you see more often on AquaBid which usually are just multicolor fish that are more splotchy. You can't know a true marble though until the fish changes color, the Marble "Coloration" is false though but just another reason why aquabid breeders is messing up all the coloration names but like the Mustard Gas; they label anything with yellow in its fins as an MG! Makes me angry! lol a MG is a dark bodied fish, yellow fins and a black outlining butterfly marking on all the fins.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See, that's where AquaBid is confusing everyone. Marbles start off with a solid color almost always but the gene can happen to any coloration. The fish would then turn a completely different color and then usually back to the original color after that. Then they could stay like that or turn again.

THEN there is a "Marble coloration" which you see more often on AquaBid which usually are just multicolor fish that are more splotchy. You can't know a true marble though until the fish changes color, the Marble "Coloration" is false though but just another reason why aquabid breeders is messing up all the coloration names but like the Mustard Gas; they label anything with yellow in its fins as an MG! Makes me angry! lol a MG is a dark bodied fish, yellow fins and a black outlining butterfly marking on all the fins.
My whole thing is that my Veiltail 'Blindi has started to get orange spots (he's a really pretty royal blue and aqua) anf Freya my Double Fin (he's pink) and he's started to get red spots on his head and his fins are kinda turning blue.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Well the orange could be from stress, it may look orange but really BE orange if you know what I mean? I'd need pictures of both, before and after if you could. The DT could just be coloring up, as they settle in their true colors out and it looks like they are changing but they really aren't; they were just stressed before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts