Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to this website and I have a couple of questions to make. My betta has fin rot and I noticed it a month ago. I treated him with Betta Fix and it didn't work, I noticed one of his fins started to curl so I tried using AQ salt. I used it for about 2 weeks before i noticed that his bottow fin is starting to rot as well. I just bought some Maracyn 2 to treat the fin rot because I've heard it really does the job. So I was going to ask how do you guys recommend treating fin rot with AQ salt and Maracyn 2.
I have a 2.7 gallon tank with filter and heater.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Even if you're already answered many of the questions in text form you we ask you fill out the form so we will have a quick source of information.

And if you are answering a call for help please request this form be filled out. If you need more information ask in text; do not make any alterations to this form. If you have suggestions contact a Moderator.

Thank you,

The Betta Fish Team

Housing:
How many gallons is your tank?
Does it have a filter?
Does it have a heater?
What temperature is your tank?
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind?

Food:
What food brand do you use?
Do you feed flakes or pellets?
Freeze-dried?
How often do you feed your Betta? How much?

Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change?
What percentage of water did you change?
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water?
What additives do you use?

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you.

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness (GH):
Alkalinity (KH):

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms?
How has your Betta’s appearance changed?
How has your Betta’s behavior changed?
Is your Betta still eating?
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how?
Does your Betta have any history of being ill?
How long have you owned your Betta? Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased?

PLEASE PROVIDE CLEAR PHOTOS

NOTE: EMBED YOUR PHOTOS. PLEASE DO NOT LINK. Click on "Go Advanced" and then on the paper clip in the toolbar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Housing:
How many gallons is your tank? 2.7
Does it have a filter?yes
Does it have a heater?yes
What temperature is your tank?76-78
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?no
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind?no

Food:
What food brand do you use?Top Fin Betta Bits and Aqueon Bloodworms
Do you feed flakes or pellets?Pellets yes
Freeze-dried?Yes
How often do you feed your Betta? How much?2 times a day, 4 pellets a day and 3 worms a day

Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change?Every week
What percentage of water did you change?100% (I had a 1 gallon)
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water?I don't own a vacuum so i pour out the water and stir the sand to get the feces out
What additives do you use?API Tap Water Conditioner & Stress Coat

Water Parameters:I don't have a test kit
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you.

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness (GH):
Alkalinity (KH):

Symptoms and Treatment:Some ripped fins and curling. I first decided to use BettaFix, and then switched to AQ salt treatment with the filter on. It seems to not be working
When did you first notice the symptoms?I got my betta as a birthday gift, I've never owned a fish except when I was a kid. I thought my betta looked fine at first but know with the knowledge I've acquired he already seemed to have fin rot. I've had him since February
How has your Betta’s appearance changed?Fins are starting to curl
How has your Betta’s behavior changed?It hans't changed really
Is your Betta still eating?Yes
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how?Yes, Betta fix, and AQ salt.
Does your Betta have any history of being ill?Not that I'm aware of
How long have you owned your Betta? Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased?3 months, and I believe so yes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts