Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few days ago, I posted about my new male Veil Tail, and how he suddenly started swimming and flaring frantically. This hasn't stopped, but he still breathes and eats normally. He occasionally shoves his face into the gravel, but I'm assuming he's just looking for food. I mentioned I thought something was wrong with him, but I recently thought about it, and is it possible he's finally comfortable with his home and is just really hyper? I know it sounds ridiculous, but I haven't been able to find any similar threads on here, so I wanted to find out. I'll attach a picture of him, just because he's adorable.

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
Depending on how he shoves his face into the gravel, he may be looking for food or it may be an indication of something else. How big of a tank is he in and is it heated?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2.5 gallon on the way, but he's currently in an unheated .5 /:
But I live in a fairly warm area, and some heat gets through my curtains, so I would assume his water is around 75 or so by touching it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Temperature fluctuations, such as those between day and night, can stress a fish out. So can a tank too small. I would guess his behavior is a result of those two factors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts