Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have had a goldfish for over 2 years now and he is really starting to out grow her tank, unfortunately I can't get another tank because my mother will not allow it. So I'll be releasing her into a pond with some other goldfish. I used to keep her in a heated tank because I only had one at the time, now that I have a tank devoted to cold water fish she was a lot more lively and grew really fast. You are just stunting your goldfish's growth and potentially causing harm to both your fish if you let them be tank mates for too long.

Gold fish poop like none other and that requires quite a bit of water changes they also need quite a bit of flow in the tank to be happy while your betta would prefer to be in a low flow area. They are just the complete opposite ends of the spectrum as far as fresh water fish go.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The goldfish should be in a different tank but to be fair I had mine in a tropical tank for at least 8monthes because again I didn't have a tank for her, she will just be making a mess and you should be cleaning up after her.

Just be careful I had my other fish stress out by how big she got.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.