Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Saber for about 6 months now, he is my first fish and has been subjected to my beginning mistakes. I am new to the hobby and I have much to learn, all suggestions and tips are more than welcome! 20200211_092049_1582269037497.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that, I've only seen him flare once and he moves around so much he's hard to take a good picture of. My phone camera isn't good either so that doesn't help.

These are the best ones I could capture of him, I'll try to get better ones when he's eating.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
He's a beautiful boy! Not 100% on which type with these pictures so I'll leave that to the betta experts.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've had Saber for about 6 months now, he is my first fish and has been subjected to my beginning mistakes. I am new to the hobby and I have much to learn, all suggestions and tips are more than welcome! View attachment 968566
He could be a feather tail or similar tail type. It looks to be uniform in the texture so I don’t think the pattern was caused by fin nipping, though it’s possible it was. He’s beautiful and has great colors! As far as advice goes, I would use Seachem Prime for a water conditioner and Seachem Stability for adding bacteria and help to establish and maintain a bio filter for the tank. The API master test kit is great for monitoring water conditions and is incredibly useful for diagnosing problems should any arise. Of course live plants help as long as you’re careful that they arent from tanks carring any diseases or parasites. Also regular water changes and filter changes and running an air stone with low current and all the other common advice and everything should be fine! I hope you enjoy him. He’s quite lovely!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry about that, I've only seen him flare once and he moves around so much he's hard to take a good picture of. My phone camera isn't good either so that doesn't help.

These are the best ones I could capture of him, I'll try to get better ones when he's eating.
If you can put a small mirror up to the glass to get him to flare and then try take a picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts