Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did read about them I swear. I just forgot you cant do that oh man. They started browning so I googled them again and dug the roots out. I don't want them to die how do I save them?

Its a ten gallon
I didnt use fertilizer ( I could go get some though )
LED lights
Not too exposed to the light
about 75 degrees Fahrenheit
Other plants are a moss ball and a two little mystery plants of the same species I got a while back for my goldfish. The mystery plant was the last survivor of the goldies salad bar and I dont remember what it is. But I stuck it in the betta tank trying to save them. They seem ok
Help
I feel SO BAD for the poor ferns :"I

·
Registered
194 Posts
check the rhizome to see if it has started to rot. Any soft 'mushy' parts will need to be cut off so it does not spread. If it is still firm it should recover fine now that it is not buried.
best of luck!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yeah, as long as they're not totally gone like that, they should recover. Java ferns are hard to kill. :)

Tie them to a rock or branch for better future growth.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH MAN SORRY
my internet has been out off and on
but thank you guys... well its been a few days and they haven't gotten worse
I think they are ok :]

·
Registered
560 Posts
You can bury the roots, just not the rhizome - the vertical bamboo like part from which the roots and leaves grow from.
I think you mean horizontal bamboo like part that the leaves and roots grow from. :) (it can grow oddly vertical in some situations, but normally it's fairly horizontal)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts