Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a small, blue, male betta fish from the petstore, and I can't figure out what kind he is. I've searched up the different kinds, but he doesn't really match any of them. He's dark blue with a rather short tail, with jagged/fringed ends. His dorsal is long and thin, and the belly fin is long as well. On his chest, he has those two long strips, and one is blue while the other is read with a white tip. Does anyone know what he could be by the description? :-(
His name is Scouts-Many-Marshes, or Scout, for short. He's my second betta that I've ever had, and has a 2.5 gallon tank with a soft flowing filter, a plastic plant, and a floating log.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Could you post a picture of him? He might have fin damage that is impeding your ability to tell what he is. Plus everyone here loves to see new bettas c: Have you tried looking up combtail, half sun, or crowntail plakats? Plakats generally have shorter fins.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He seems very small compared to my previous betta fish, so we were thinking maybe he's just young, and has naturally jagged fins. I'll try to upload a photo, but first I have to find a suitable camera and the cord to upload it to the computer. C:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well it's hard to tell from the picture. He may be a tail biter, or have torn his fins, or have fin rot. I don't really know which, maybe someone else can tell? Or maybe you can try to get a better picture?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I could try to get a better picture but the quality of the camera is pretty bad. I'm looking at bettas with fin rot, and they don't quite match scout. He used to live(at the petstore) in a small round glass (so small, a twelve year olds fist wouldn't fit in it) with rocks in there. Maybe they shredded him up?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.