Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday I picked this guy up from my local Petco. At the store I didn't realize anything was wrong, but when I got home he was lying on his side and gasping for air. I freaked a bit, came to the forum here and realized he had ammonia poisoning! Poor guy! I put him in warm, clean water with an air stone and over the weekend he has made pretty much a complete recovery! :-D He is now swimming happily around his new home, eating his food and just looks SO much better!

Here is a close up of him in his crappy cup...

And here is is today, swimming around in his new tank...

Still working on a name for him. :cool: And they had him labeled as a Dragonscale...but I'm skeptical.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow he's so pretty! It's interesting how their color really starts to develop once they are in good warm water and have some food in their bellies!

I am no expert, but he does look like a dragon scale to me. That little "skunk stripe" he has down his head is pretty common in dragon scales.
Thanks! And yeah, I'm definitely not an expert either, but I appreciate the feedback. :) I would love for him to be Dragonscale since I paid a small fortune for him, lol!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone! I'm really glad I picked him up when I did! I think he wouldn't have lasted another day. It makes me so happy when I see him swimming around his tank now - I'm glad I could give him a good home and that he didn't die a painful death!
And sweet! - Since he's a dragonscale I should come up with a dragon name for him. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.