Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neptune has died. :-(

I've spent the past year treating Neptune's aggressive fin rot. I've tried every antibiotic available, and combos of some. I did my best, but the rot wouldn't stop. It reached his body, but he never had body rot. I think the stress of all this finally was too much on him. This morning he was alive, and then... not. SIP Neptune. You rekindled my love of Betta fish.

I'm trying to think of a special way to remember him. I'll bury him in the garden, as I do every aquatic buddy who passes, but I feel like he needs "more". He was a special little guy. Any recommendations for a way to memorialize him?

· Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's actually kind of a cute idea. I may do something like that in his memory. When my animals pass away I usually create a memorial planter, or plant a tree... (which I've never done with my fish before, but I've always created a small marker where they are buried). But, Neptune was such a special guy I can't imagine not having something big to say, "I was here, and I was loved".

· Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will miss waking up to this adorable face every morning. His tank is right next to my pillow, so he was the first thing I'd see in the morning, and the last at night.

Nose Tail Organism Parrot

· Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Everyone. I didn't bury him until yesterday, it was hard to let him go. He's buried at the base of a tree near the garden. I'm thinking of buying a small fancy fountain and putting it at the base of the tree in his honor.

· Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the kind words. My fountain will have to wait a few weeks though. The fountain I found I want is several hundred dollars, but it's beautiful and perfect for him. My guinea pig passed away on Thursday while at the vet for observation because of lethargy (she had chronic heart failure, but that's not what killed her... we still aren't sure what it was). I'm going to pick up her body next week after the necropsy, and I'm guessing I'll have a really hefty bill to pay because of all the efforts they made to save her.

These past few months have been awful. I've lost two horses, several fish (including Neptune), my last remaining snail and now my guinea pig Odette. :cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.